Friday, January 22, 2010

Pine Street Boot Scrapes

Pine Street. Ahh, yes, Pine Street.  I once knew a girl on Pine Street. Long time ago, when I was a young man.  Not a day passes I don't think of her and the promise I made, which I will always keep. That one perfect day on Pine Street.

A cold and blustery weekend a couple of weeks ago I braved the frigid air for three blocks in my quest for boot scrapes.  I gave up after my fingers and face lost all feeling.  But not before I captured all the boot scrapes that the 500, 600, and 700 block of Pine Street had to offer.  In front of one scrape I was waiting for a lady to pass.  When she approached I removed my hand from my pocket with my camera.  I think I gave her a scare.   Here I was, a dude wearing a ski mask and a leather jacket, waiting for her and then taking my hand out of my jacket just as she was near.  So, I offer my apologies to you, lady pushing your bag buddy. I am no mugger.  Just an enthusiastic capturer on film of things people wipe poop on.

Without further ado, I present the Pine Street Boot scrapes of that day.


500_600_700 Pine

I've created a web album, via Picasa for Google, who also hosts this site.  How's this work out for a way to view the images?  Ctrl+click will open the web album in another tab and not take you away from this page. Comments and suggestions are welcome. I'm not terribly savvy when it comes to web editing.  I'd like the viewing of these things to be as easy and hassle free as possible.

Thank you and may you never need a boot scrape.

-D

2 comments:

  1. I say we petition to build a boot scrape at the new lower merion. Right next to the hybrid video arcade/gymnasium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes doormats just aren't enough to tackle the mud that gardening boots love to collect. Iron boot scrapers are a wet-weather partner for the doormat, doing the dirty work so the mat can perform the finishing act.

    ReplyDelete